Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive an email saying it is approved. 24 hours prior to your approved meeting the system will send you an automated reminder email. You can also call the library to confirm.
Meeting rooms are available at three branches; Hopewell, Prince George, and McKenney. These meeting rooms range in size from study rooms, hosting a maximum of 2 people, to large meeting rooms, with a maximum of 100. Online reservations must be made 12 hours in advance or up to 30 days in advance. Day-of reservations are allowed in-person, as long as the room is not previously booked.
- Reservations are restricted to four hours.
- All reservations must conclude half an hour before closing time.
- Only one reservation may be held per patron/group at a time.
- Both non profits and local businesses can submit requests, to extent that such meetings do not prohibit general availability to the public. Declaring a meeting to be private is not permitted.
- No fundraising activities, except those sponsored by the Appomattox Regional Library System, or collecting of funds, which includes collecting money for religious services, may be conducted in the meeting rooms.
- Admission fees may not be charged to people attending meetings or workshops.
- The library is unable to accommodate events of a social or personal nature (e.g. birthday parties, funerals, reunions, etc.).
- Library staff is not responsible for answering questions from an outside source about meeting room reservations. The library’s contact information cannot be placed on any promotional material.
- Users are responsible for the disposal of any food or beverages. No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Reservations must be made with a patron library card in good standing, such as an unexpired card and no more than $5.00 fines. The patron whose card is used is financially responsible for any damage to the room or materials in the room.
- The library assumes no responsibility for loss, damage, or liability/injury that may arise through use of the facility.
- The library reserves the right to cancel or adjust a room reservation.
- If you make a mess with food, craft supplies, or other material please ask staff for cleaning supplies. You are responsible for leaving the room as clean as you found it.
- You assume responsibility for any library equipment used during the course of the room use.
For the complete policy and regulations please refer to section 12.1 of the Public Services Policy.
Click one of the buttons below to get started.