***The new calendar will not display meeting reservations publicly. You will not see your title/information on the events calendar. Do not worry. If you received a confirmation email your space is reserved. You will receive a confirmation email 24 hours before your reservation. You can also call the library to confirm.***
Meeting rooms are available at three branches; Hopewell, Prince George, and McKenney. These meeting rooms range in size from study rooms, hosting a maximum of 2 people, to large meeting rooms, with a maximum of 100. Online reservations must be made 12 hours in advance. Day-of reservations are allowed in-person, as long as the room is not previously booked.
- Reservations are restricted to four hours.
- All reservations must conclude half an hour before closing time.
- Only one reservation may be held per patron/group at a time.
- For-profit business is not allowed on library premises, this includes activities designed to lead to for-profit business including but not limited to training, recruitment, and interviews.
- Admission fees may not be charged to people attending meetings. Fundraising activities, except those sponsored by the Appomattox Regional Library System, may not be conducted in the meeting rooms.
- The library is unable to accommodate events of a social or personal nature (e.g. birthday parties, funerals, reunions, etc.).
- Library staff is not responsible for answering questions from an outside source about meeting room reservations. The library’s contact information cannot be placed on any promotional material.
- Users are responsible for the disposal of any food or beverages. No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Reservations must be made with a patron library card in good standing. The patron whose card is used is financially responsible for any damage to the room or materials in the room.
- The library assumes no responsibility for loss, damage, or liability/injury that may arise through use of the facility.
- The library reserves the right to cancel or adjust a room reservation.
For the complete policy and regulations please refer to section 12.1 of the Public Services Policy.
Click one of the buttons below to get started.